A couple of days ago, I happened across a journal by *AlexLehner in which she was featuring 3 pieces from up to 15 different DA members. fav.me/d53cx0z
She had taken the idea from another member with the intention of creating a chain. In Alex's words "it is a way to show art which, very often, stays unknown or unseen. It's... about sharing and exchanging".
I was lucky enough the be featured in Alex's journal (thanks Alex!), and this is me continuing the chain! So...
The first 15 people to respond to this journal will get a feature of 3 of their artworks.
Simple as that - its open to any member, you don't have to be a watcher or anything. Just comment below and the first 15 will get a spot. If you want any particular piece featured, send a link. Otherwise, I'll just choose my own favourites from your gallery!
It would be great if you looked around other featured artists' galleries, maybe favourite a few pieces and started something similar in your own journals.
Looking forward to it!
1. ~IvyVine009 is a digital artist, painter and photographer from the United States. Her illustrations and paintings move between fun, dark and surreal, while her studies and photographs have a quiet, atmospheric feel, often employing slightly sinister imagary.
2. German artist, ~HerrMyrddin is influenced by the surrealists, making paintings and drawings with bold compositions and vibrant palettes. The other dominant theme in this gallery is the My Little Pony vector drawings - clean, cute and colourful.
3. Specialising in historical portraits and illustration, ~ab-insula-Avalonia from the United States has a gallery packed with delicate graphite, charcoal and pastel drawings. Her work allows you to see something of the essence of the subject, without getting bogged-down in detail by the subtle use of light and line.
4. ~jbrenth is another illustrator from across the pond. He has a number of strong, graphic black and white images as well as some wonderfully colourful pen and watercolour portraits. His drawings are lively and full of movement.
5. ~kareldeg77 is a photographer from Belgium whose work covers portraits, interiors, urban landscape and natural forms. Her compositions are bold and some of the photo-maipulations and crisp macro shots become almost completely abstract images.
6. I'm including *AlexLehner partly because she introduced me to this feature-chain thing, but mostly because of her great gallery, full of carefully observed pencil drawings, imaginative illustration and some excellent photographs.
7. As well as making a variety of drawings and paintings in both traditional and digital media, ~NemesisXIII is also a film maker and multi-instrumentalist. His gallery covers creepy illustration, comic art, design-based work and photomanipulation.
8. Italian photographer and watercolourist *VeroFalcioniArt has a wonderful gallery, showcasing some dramatic and atmospheric landscapes alongside more candid shots of people and places. Her light and colours are often intense, but she also displays a more restful, contemplative side.
9. =inezuu , from Malta has an incredible and original illustration style. Throughout themed drawing projects, fan art and surreal original work, her use of line and colour add energy and emotion to characters full of life and personality.
10. *Merlyn-Wood , has created some elegant, fantasy line drawings and coloured work - clean and intricate. She also has a small collection of photographs which echo this attention to beautiful forms and carefully observed detail.
11. ~luckytoyn has a scientific background, which perhaps shows itself in his analyitical approach to composition and light. He has some incredibly vibrant watercolour landscapes and charming cat portraits, as well as beautiful black and white work. More recently, he has begun to experiment with abstraction. Check out his gallery to see where this takes him!